Top 5 Organic Hemp Protein Powders
Why is hemp protein so good for you? Well, there are many health benefits of hemp, and below you’ll find the top 5 organic hemp protein powders. You can easily add any of these to your diet for a healthy boost of protein, dietary fiber, minerals, and antioxidants. All of these brands offer a pure organic hemp protein powder, which has a mild taste and nutty like flavor. You can drink it with your favorite plant milk, add it to smoothies, homemade protein or granola bars, and baked goods.
Hemp protein powder is made from the seeds of the hemp plant. Hemp seeds have the ideal 3:1 balance of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. Hemp protein specifically contains an omega 3 fatty acid called linolenic acid which studies show help prevent coronary heart disease. Your heart pumps and delivers nutrients and oxygen into the blood stream to feed your bodies growth, repair, and recovery. The healthier your heart is the more efficiently it can deliver what your body needs, to where it needs it the most.
When compared to other common plant-based protein powders like soy, rice, or pea protein, hemp is simply the best. Most soy is genetically modified, where hemp is not, and rice and pea protein don’t have nearly as many amino acids as hemp protein. On top of this, hemp actually contains the highest known levels of edestin than any other plant on Earth. Edestin is the easiest protein to digest and hemp is made up of 65% edestin. Since it’s so easily digestible, having hemp protein powder pre-training won’t cause any stomach problems. The other 35% of hemp protein is made up of the plant protein albumin. Both of these proteins play important roles in the functioning of enzymes in the blood plasma, and the formation of antibodies which boosts the body’s immune system.
As you can see, there are several important health benefits of hemp protein powder. You don’t have to be an athlete to benefit from adding hemp protein powder to your diet. Proteins are what the human body is built from. This includes more than just your muscles, but also your bones, organs, and other tissue. Some proteins even regulate hormones. The average person needs about half of their body weight in protein per day. For someone who weighs 150lbs, that would be 75g of protein per day. Even higher protein intake is needed for athletes. I personally consume around 130g of protein per day, but I’m also very active.
Try out some of the brands above and let me know what you think in the comments below. Remember, if you’re in the Denver area tomorrow on Sunday, March 25th you can attend Hemp Nutrition 101 being hosted by MJFITNUT and Sponsored by Straight Hemp, Hemp Way Foods, and The Diaz Farm! Don’t miss your chance to learn all about hemp nutrition! Tickets here!